Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Bare Minerals - Complexion Rescue


Probably my favorite part about working for Ulta is going to training's! When a brand comes out with a new product launch we go to these training's to learn about the products and ways to sell them! A lot of the time we are also given the products as gratis to try for ourselves!Todays training was for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream! Unfortunately we weren't able to receive this today (but it is on its way and I will be testing it out and writing a review on my thoughts asap), but we were able to play with the product, see it in action and learn some key points!  


I will say that I am not a Bare Minerals girl! Don't get me wrong, I do think that Bare Minerals has stand out products; I love their concealers, lipsticks, and their 5 in 1 cream shadows! But when it comes to foundation and coverage I'm just not a natural girl! I like a full coverage, beat face! Always! But after learning about the product I am intrigued to try it out! The main point to take away from Complexion Rescue is it's going to hydrate and replenish the skin, which is perfect for this time of year because even us oily girls are getting dry these days! It is proven to increase hydration and also improve skin texture! Now, I really don't have texture issues when it comes to my skin but I am curious to see if I feel a noticeable difference! This product is also free of oils, parabens, fragrance, is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and contains a mineral SPF of 30 so it should be great for those with sensitive skin! Me, myself, I am not sensitive at all! I can really put anything on my face and be fine! And lastly it has a light to medium coverage and is avaiable in 10 shades, which isn't a lot for Bare Minerals considering all of their foundations come in 20 shades! 


We were also able to swatch and see a live demo of this product which is always beneficial because then you can really get a feel of how the product performs! Swatched on the hand this definitely felt like a gel cream formula, very light and blendable! It also had a slight cooling sensation which is supposed to be calming to the skin! For the demo, they applied it in 2 different ways; one side with the fingers and the other with the new Smoothing Face brush which will also be featured in this launch! The Smoothing Face Brush is a domed shaped duo fiber stippling brush! I think I'm most excited about the brush! I just think that the domed shape of the brush will be great for more flawless blending for lighter foundations as opposed to traditional flat top stippling brushes! I personally don't believe in putting on foundation with your fingers! It just doesn't make sense to me, and honestly the product didn't look as nice using the fingers! It looked like it was just sitting on top of the skin! With the brush, the product blended in seamlessly and the finish gave a very natural skin-like finish! Natural but not a "I literally have nothing on my face!" natural! I was also impressed by how nicely buildable it was! Still natural, just with a more flawless, radiant naturalness (if that's even a word!lol)! They even demoed using the product as a cream contour! Again, very natural, seamless, no obvious lines, and blended very nicely!

Other points made about Complexion Rescue were that you could use it underneath your current foundation to give you a little boost of hydration and coverage and that you could also use it as a moisturizer! I think that this would look great under a light to medium coverage foundation but I never recommend using makeup as moisturizer! Makeup does not substitute skincare, so you should always moisturize before applying makeup!

I hope you enjoyed reading about what I learned today and I hope it helped you decide whether or not you would try this product! Complexion Rescue will be available in store and online by the end of this month! I am patiently waiting to recieve mine and I will keep you updated with a full, in depth review after I've played with it, so stay on the lookout for that in a future post!

Stay Naughty! ;)
XOXO Nessa 


No comments:

Post a Comment