Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Complexion Rescue Review!




So I am finally here with my review on the new Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue and unfortunately I am not a fan.


Color Selection
So the Complexion Rescue line has 10 shades which is half of what all of their other Bare Minerals lines carry. My "shade" is the color Spice. Now I put that in quotations because for me Spice was still a little too light for me. A little too light to where it made me look grey, but I couldn't get the next shade up because it was just a little too dark. If they had a color that was in between it would have been perfect.


Wear
Because my "shade" was to light and made me look grey I had to wear it with a foundation over top of it. I used my Covergirl 3 in 1 which is a matte finish and it made it look way too dewy. Now I have oily skin and I don't mind being dewy, I love drowning my skin in oils and serums and moisturizers, but there is a difference between dewy and looking like I just smeared bacon all over my face. Even setting it with a powder didn't help because about an hour later my oils were coming through. I couldn't wait to get it off of my face.


The Smoothing Face Brush
The brush I actually really like. It's a rounded duo fiber stippling brush which I've never really seen anyone really do before. Most stippling brushes have a flat top but I found that the round top was alot more comfortable. I now use it for my regular foundation and I've really been enjoying it.


Final Thoughts

For me, this product just didn't work for me. I don't feel like they have a wide enough shade range, especially for us darker women (story of my life) and my skin is just too oily. If you have extremely dry/dry skin you would probably love it, maybe even normal skin but if you have oily skin take my word and just stay away from this product.

Stay Naughty!;)
XOXO Nessa

No comments:

Post a Comment